While editing, I found a way to reduce the amount of hissing in the background of interviews and other videos. I will show you how here.
1. Double click the clip with the hiss.
2. Go to the top right box for effects.
3. Make sure you are in the Audio tab
4. Go to Audio Enhancements
5. Then go to the Equalization.
6. Open the tab, the default should be Flat.
7. Choose the Match option at the bottom.
8. Once selected, it will either skip to the next step, or you will have to choose the Choose... button off to the right.
9. Then place the cursor over a clip with no hiss, click on it.
10. In the preview box, select Apply Match, then it might need a little time to render.
Watch the clip, it should help with the hiss at least a little, at least it helped for me. I hope that this will work for you too. Thanks, come back soon for more tips!
I am in 8th grade in my school's Advanced Media class. I love this class and I have been having lots of fun in it. This past year we went to San Diego, where STN was held, and the year before it was in Orlando. This year it was in Atlanta, Georgia.